Sunday, August 11, 2013

Liver Shrinking Diet Days 3-7

I feel like my body is starting to get used to the low carb-ness of this diet. I still have cravings, but they aren't as strong as the first few days. On Thursday, Abigail and I went to Chilis and they had a light menu, of which I ordered a 6 oz. steak with steamed broccoli and an extra side of steamed broccoli. I ate half of the 6 oz. steak (which is one serving of protein for me) and saved it for my lunch the next day. Friday, I weighed myself and had only lost a pound and got very discouraged because it is the story of my life. I am following all of the rules, I haven't cheated once, and the weight is coming off VERY slowly. I am supposed to loose 12-20 lbs on this liver shrinking diet, which means by day 4, I should have lost at least 3 pounds. I still need to improve on my water drinking and exercise, but this is a lot to think about. On Saturday, I went to the Chubbuck Days Festival, I drank my super healthy protein smoothie before and packed my lunch. It was so HOT, that I didn't want to eat anything though and I just kept guzzling water. By the end of the Festival, I had a terrible heat headache and felt totally sick. I cam home, drank more water, took some excederine, and laid down. After about 30 minutes, I decided that I had to eat something because it was 4:30 and all I had had was water and my protein shake that day, so I forced myself to eat cottage cheese and celery for lunch and called it good. The headache finally went away, and all was well again. I kind of feel bad for my family though, cause I did not cook one single meal for them. I am just not motivated to cook things that I can't eat. Sundays are always busy for me. I had to make sure to get to church on time because I was being released from my calling and getting a new one. My mind was so pre-occupied, that I totally forgot to make my smoothie. When I got home from church, I realized that I hadn't eaten anything, so I ate a cheese stick and 17 grapes, I was full again, so I busied myself with some lesson planning for the upcoming preschool and music lesson season. Maybe my body is getting used to functioning on less food. I made the girls Ramen Noodles for dinner at their request and I had a big salad with canned chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes, onion, salsa, and FF Italian dressing. It was very yummy. Poor Darin was on his own. I bet he is going to get tired of me not cooking soon. I will try to plan some meals this week that the entire family can participate in. Well, it was crunch time. Time to weigh myself because it has been a week since I have put down a recorded weight.

Today my weight is:
256 lbs (I lost 5 lbs! I am convinced, I sweated it off at the Chubbuck Days Festival)
*I just hope my efforts are enough so that my surgery won't get postponed.
BMI - 45.3

No comments:

Post a Comment